Killer Mobile Software

Total Recall S2 and ICS

Live forum: http://killermobile.com/forum/archive/viewtopic.php?t=5703

mcssantos

15-03-2012 01:37:38

Hi.

I've been using Total Recall in my Galaxy S 2 for quite some time and it always worked fine.

But since I updated to ICS it stopped work. It records the calls, but the file is always empty.

I've uninstalled it and installed again but it didn't solve.

Can you guys tell me if it works with ICS ?

I'm using the official ICS ROM XXLPQ - UHLPE

KMAdmin

15-03-2012 06:41:02

Total Recall is not currently compatible with ICS, however it's something we are currently working on.

Stay Killer

egito

17-03-2012 20:29:04

Its a very important information, I never take this update until you make a version.

Thanks Admin Km

KMAdmin

17-03-2012 21:32:33

Right now, there appears to be a custom ROM (MIUI) that will enable call recording, right now this is the only solution for ICS users.

Stay Killer

bloke

18-03-2012 18:40:42

But you are still working on it, right? Any news on how it's going?

KMAdmin

18-03-2012 21:14:14

Yes, we're working on it, but it's looking more and more like whatever solution we come up with will require rooting/patching of the device.

KM

bloke

18-03-2012 23:27:13

ICS also made the voice on my IGO8 voice stutter, again ( . I wish I hadn't bothered updating, except for faster GPS lock, almost everything else is no better or worse. Are they trying to lock Android down like Apple?
I really need this app so I hope you get it going again. I read that this version of ICS is still only a beta, so they might alter it again in an update, in the not to distant future.
If I have to root it, you couldn't make a one click rooting app, could you? ;) ) (or the same for patching it).

mcssantos

19-03-2012 00:27:33

[quotee85f83c632="\1"]Yes, we're working on it, but it's looking more and more like whatever solution we come up with will require rooting/patching of the device.

KM[/quotee85f83c632]

Well, my phone is rooted, so it's fine for me.

And ICS is quite new, so, although is not the best solution, maybe you should start by releasing an update that requires root.

Let us know if you come up with a solution, whatever it is.

KMAdmin

19-03-2012 03:53:42

We're working on this, and if/when we have something, even if it does require root, you'll see it announced on our news page and via twitter.

Stay Killer

snipercision

19-03-2012 12:02:30

Deleted after reading above post.

Good luck with the Dev. I look forward to watching this space.

flaurin

19-03-2012 15:53:53

Hi, running TR S2 on a Galaxy S2 and is experiencing the same problem.
Suddenly the program is recording but files are empty.

When I try to set it to promt before saving the app crashes but wont go away so I have to restart phone.

I have recently upgraded the phone at Samsung, but not to ICS - at least that s not what I thought I did. I thought it was a Samsung upgrade, not Android 4.

But checking "About this phone" says its Android 4.0.3 - seems I was updraded without knowing it.

Is there a way to roll back to Android 3. until Killer might have a fix ready?

Total Recall is essential for me in my everyday work.

Yours

/F

KMAdmin

19-03-2012 16:52:07

No, I don't believe you can roll back to an older OS without running a custom rom and in that case, you'd be better off installing MIUI that will get call recording working for you again.

Stay Killer

cuyono

19-03-2012 17:55:30

Find something. Can this work for TR? unsure ( S S blink
ENABLE CallRecorder API RECORDING FUNCTIONALITY ON ROMS BESIDES SKY ICS 2.3.5
http//forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1482721.html

KMAdmin

19-03-2012 18:00:12

The MIUI ROM will work for ICS devices.

KM

snipercision

20-03-2012 03:23:30

KM question - if I purchase Total Recall and Flash the Miui ICS rom I can install and it will work?
Being a Dev myself I am not keen on People sitting backseat asking are we there yet with no direct stakeholder input.
If you ever need anyone outside dev team to assist in testing. Let me know.
hvae a great day.

KMAdmin

20-03-2012 03:35:22

Yes, updating to the MIUI ROM should work (feedback has confirmed this) and we'll be doing the same tomorrow on our in-house S2.

Stay Killer

snipercision

20-03-2012 11:50:06

KM - Can you please advise if you confirmed the ICS Total Recall working for SGSII if so what config?. I have installed miui rom (EXCELLENT ROM!) Installed total recall for SGS and standard version. (had to request second trial period) applied root access .blink Neither App worked for me. I got 0 size files in output on all codec.

Bejje

21-03-2012 09:10:10

I have the same issue as well. I really really hope you can fix this or this was a waste of money buying this app (

Before updating to ICS the app worked really great and I have used it frequently.
Is there any other call recording app that works with ICS?

snipercision

21-03-2012 10:13:39

No two way record is currently available for ICS. This is a limitation that google have adopted. The system files that have been used in the past to allow the mic interception are no longer there within the system UI. There are currently allot of people working on this issue to make it work with the new roms. To assist please download a UNIX emulator and strip the audio*.so files from within a working GB rom and start compiling. Other then that.. it's not money wasted it just on hold until we can find a way 'around' google's static new limitations.
Sux but hey if we wanted things to be simple and non interactive.. we would have just bought iphones! ;)

flaurin

21-03-2012 10:15:41

Dear Killer
Since Total Recall is something I use everyday (doing interveI can only agree with the rest; looking forward to a fix asap! Thanks!

In the meantime, is there a way to roll-back to Android 2.3 to get Total Recall working again.

WIll a factory reset on the phone put it in Android 2.3? Or will it reset to the last installed OS? (Wich is of course unfortunately 2.3)

Any help on this is welcome.

Also, I see that MIUI Ics ROM is suggested as a possible fix. Can someone enlghten me to what this is? An alternative ROM to Samsungs?

Thanks!

Yours

/F

flaurin

21-03-2012 10:17:17

Correction I of course have inadvertedly (accepted update from Samsung in KIES) installed Android 4.0

snipercision

21-03-2012 10:26:28

Miui does not work with most variants of the SGSII. I have tried and failed with all versions of the total recall software.
Rolling back to GB would mean that you would have to flash a custom rom within ODIN. There are methods available to be found within XDA. Research before you attempt anything. If you are not sure then just don't.

Everyone is upset this function has been stipped but KM can not stamp their foot and demand google change its new lockdowns. Techs all around the world are working on this.
Posting how upset you are will not change the situation or speed the outcome. Please be patient.
Before updating ANY software always research the issues that may occur. Write down your core functions and requirements and tick them off once you have confirmed working before updating. OR have a roll back method.

snipercision

21-03-2012 10:29:54

[quotedf650fd231="\1"]Correction I of course have inadvertedly (accepted update from Samsung in KIES) installed Android 4.0[/quotedf650fd231]

Do you think ICS was worth the wait? I have recently flashed Miui to test and it is awesome... but I still went back to GB.

KMAdmin

21-03-2012 15:27:57

In regards to Flaurin, no, a hard reset will not revert to your previous OS, you would need to use a custom GB ROM to get back.

However we do have a fix in the works, but it will require root (but not a custom ROM). Should be available by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Stay Killer

flaurin

21-03-2012 15:39:19

>Everyone is upset this function has been stipped but KM can not stamp their foot and >demand google change its new lockdowns. Techs all around the world are working >on this.
>Posting how upset you are will not change the situation or speed the outcome. >Please be patient.

Im really sorry If my tone was misinterpreted as upset. Quite the opposite. Im impressed with how informative and on the ball KM and posters on this thread are on this issue. Not at all what Im getting from other vendors like Symantec etc on other problems.

>Before updating ANY software always research the issues that may occur. Write >down your core functions and requirements and tick them off once you have >confirmed working before updating. OR have a roll back method.

That is truly a hardearned lesson that rubs in better for everytime I happen to think that an update might be "safer" or "speed up things". Im am a little upset though that Samsung did not ask "do you want to upgrade to the next version of the OS" that would have stopped me from installing from what I now thought was a light fix.

Yours

/F

JGSG2

21-03-2012 15:41:24

I am sure you can handle the upgrade to ICS soon.

Looking forward and would be happy to test the beta code of your work.

cheer

snipercision

22-03-2012 04:36:39

[quoteaacbbacb75="\1"]>Everyone is upset this function has been stipped but KM can not stamp their foot and >demand google change its new lockdowns. Techs all around the world are working >on this.
>Posting how upset you are will not change the situation or speed the outcome. >Please be patient.

Im really sorry If my tone was misinterpreted as upset. Quite the opposite. Im impressed with how informative and on the ball KM and posters on this thread are on this issue. Not at all what Im getting from other vendors like Symantec etc on other problems.

>Before updating ANY software always research the issues that may occur. Write >down your core functions and requirements and tick them off once you have >confirmed working before updating. OR have a roll back method.

That is truly a hardearned lesson that rubs in better for everytime I happen to think that an update might be "safer" or "speed up things". Im am a little upset though that Samsung did not ask "do you want to upgrade to the next version of the OS" that would have stopped me from installing from what I now thought was a light fix.

Yours

/F[/quoteaacbbacb75]

flaurin - Buddy My bad. My apologies if I came across strong I was on multiple forums last night dealing with some Access errors to the System Partition. In No way did I mean it aggressively!
I am happy to be of assistance if you require any information regarding to flashing a custom ROM or anything else.
I have noticed that KM has written in previous post that they have a workaround and will putting it out to prod Tues/Wed. We are all looking forward to this. I am keen to know what process they used to bypass the access also.
If you need any info regarding root or something please do ask.
P
Stay Killer. (Love that motto)

snipercision

22-03-2012 04:40:30

PS. Reason I started Roming my device Primarily was because I didn't trust or like the Standard update method. I want control over what I own. Samsung don't care about the App compiler, It's up to the App compiler to comply to what is pushed.
All in all sweet outcome and speedy response by the KM team. I will purchase total recall tonight.

bloke

24-03-2012 19:38:52

I have Rooted my phone as it was posted that by rooting you could get Total Recall to work again, so what must I do/install now? Thanks.

KMAdmin

24-03-2012 19:50:11

Update isn't ready yet, but should be available on Monday.

Stay Killer

bloke

25-03-2012 23:10:29

It works! I have only tried one call and it recorded both sides like it used to before ICS 4.0.3 I9100XXLPQ.
Nice job at beating the restriction. It doesn't seem to have messed anything up but time will tell. ;)

KMAdmin

26-03-2012 00:32:08

Are you using a custom or Standard ROM?

Stay Killer

bloke

26-03-2012 02:08:48

[quotecce43f29ac="\1"]Are you using a custom or Standard ROM?

Stay Killer[/quotecce43f29ac]

Standard Rom. The only thing I have noticed is that it asks for SU again after it has been killed, even though Prevent killing has been set on the app. Gemini App Manager is also killing it 100% when using the App Manager Widget even though it's set not to be killed in App Managers settings. I have e-mailed the dev and so may get a response. I think this started happening after the ICS update. (

snipercision

26-03-2012 05:16:34

Great job guys. Working Miui, Lightening and stock LP2.

KMAdmin

26-03-2012 16:33:56

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Regarding the prevent kill feature, it's not 100% assured the app still can't be killed, it certainly can. We may implement a system app setting in the future that may improve this even more.

Stay Killer

flaurin

26-03-2012 17:43:28

Hi! Sounds promising that you have found a solution!
Now, for those of use who are not developers, can someone guide me in the process of getting TR working on my S2 with ICS.

Rooing seems to be a trick... any advices on how to go about it?

And then? Just install Total Recall?

Pls advice.

Yours

/F

Bejje

26-03-2012 17:49:57

I just want to ask if it seems possible to get total recall working on ICS without rooting it? I know it's not possible right now, but does it seem possible to fix? I'm not allowed to root my phone since it's my work phone.

KMAdmin

26-03-2012 18:15:24

There's a lot of info on rooting at the xda-developers forums. Once rooted, yes, reinstall the latest build of TR for the S2, and you'll see a prompt to enable the fix, then reboot.

Stay KIiller

KMAdmin

26-03-2012 18:16:51

It's doubtful there will be a good, non-root solution. If there is, then it's likely to only record the caller audio from the mic (at low volumes)

Stay Killer

Bejje

28-03-2012 13:55:49

I finally rooted my phone and applied the fix. Now when it's recording the calls and the call is finished, the app crashes. I have enabled "prevent killing", but it crashes every time anyway even though the call is actually recorded. Also, send to an email adress no longer works either.

KMAdmin

28-03-2012 14:50:42

Crash is due to the auto sending via email, we're working on a fix.

KM

JGSG2

31-03-2012 08:42:06

Hi,

I have upgraded TR after you have fixed it. But when I try to enter my gmail pw it says it is a wrong pw again and again and I have to force the TR app to close.

And it does not upload to gmail even though the pw is correct.

Are you working on this bug already?

Cheers

Jens

KMAdmin

31-03-2012 18:26:07

You're inputting your current gmail password, not application password, correct?

Regards

KM

JGSG2

31-03-2012 19:39:52

Hi,

Yes,- The current Gmail PW, correct!

And the rom is Litening Rom 2.5

Regards
JG

KMAdmin

31-03-2012 20:11:45

Do you mind reinstalling fresh (uninstall, then reinstall) then trying to input this again? Maybe there's a glitch somewhere.

Regards,

KM

JGSG2

01-04-2012 13:06:43

Hi,

Thank you,- it worked )

No problems after installation/re-installation.

Regards
Jens

Bejje

01-04-2012 13:36:00

Works fine for me aswell after the latest update. Thanks!

deathson

01-04-2012 16:26:07

I would like to know "Call Recorder | Total Recall" at Google Play, Can it support S2 on ICS?
Because I bought it at June 2011 a Google Market, Not have "Call Recorder Galaxy S2 | Full" this apps.
I read the last update log, no any update log for S2 on ICS comment on "Call Recorder | Total Recall".

KMAdmin

01-04-2012 19:13:42

Yes, as long as your device is rooted, the application will run on ICS. And our S2 version's updates note mention this already....

v1.9.7
-Now compatible with ROOTED S2's updated to ICS (OS 4.0)
-App size is now cut in half

KM

deathson

02-04-2012 09:54:56

I can find this updates note on "Call Recorder Galaxy S2 | Full", but i have question on "Call Recorder | Total Recall"

In "Call Recorder | Total Recall" updates note

v1.9.7
Minor bug fixes

I tested "Call Recorder | Total Recall" on my rooted updated to ICS, also can't record any sound too.

That's mean i need to buy "Call Recorder Galaxy S2 | Full" again?

KMAdmin

02-04-2012 17:12:09

If you're using an S2 and your device is rooted, email us and include your order number and IMEI and we'll get the S2 version registered for you.

KM

egito

07-05-2012 14:29:19

Dear Admin, so I understand from version 4.0 and 4.03 of the android you can not use the recording over the phone without making the unit root (which I do not like and I'll never), is that Android will be equal to WM7 .5 and the IOS? And we never use our typically TR? Will turn platafoma closed leaving thousands of users and fans of the TR program with no options to use them? Notify me it will buy some other Galaxy S II with old firmware keep your reservation, and never buy Android Phones as I do not buy iPhones or devices with WM7.5. Thank you and I Stay Killer.

KMAdmin

07-05-2012 16:30:49

While I do see Android closing down a little (more like iPhone, with WP7 opening up a bit more eventually), the reason the S2 needs root with OS 4 is not due to the OS closing up, rather them modifying their audio libs.

Stay Killer

egito

07-05-2012 18:09:38

In reality it is the same as in the other two operating systems, problems with the "audio library" because in them one can record audio notes, but not recording calls.
Stay Killer

johan@cubenet.co.za

04-06-2012 09:18:51

Hallo
I run Resurrection ICS ROM v2.0 with siyah kernel v3.2.6

But when I install the Root Fix

The phone starts rebooting randomly. (especially when calling)

Is there anything I can do or try?

KMAdmin

04-06-2012 16:46:50

I would suggest trying a different ROM.

KM

Bejje

05-06-2012 09:47:36

I recently received an update to my Galaxy S2. It's not the ICS update since I have already update to that some time ago. I installed the update, but noticed that my phone was not rooted anymore after the update and Total Recall was not recording calls anymore. Therefore I rooted the phone again and it was successful, but Total recall is still not recording any call even though it is set to automatically record both incoming and outgoing calls.

What can I do?

KMAdmin

05-06-2012 16:48:23

Reinstall Total Recall, then accept the "Apply Recording Fix" prompt.

KM